Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh the Tantrums!


I survived the "Terrible Twos" but I'm not sure I will make it through the last 4 months of the "Terrifying Threes"! Ceili has been switching between monster and angel at least a hundred times a day lately and I don't quite know what to do about it.

I always make sure to spend time with just her every day and do something puzzles, coloring, a craft, etc. but she still acts up. It drives me absolutely insane because she does it completely on purpose alot of the time. She will look at me and smile as she does something she's not supposed to do.

Today was one of those days that I'm surprised my whole head of hair didn't turn grey. We had planned to go for a walk because it was supposed to be warmer outside today. She refused to get dressed until I threatened her with no walk, she refused to brush her teeth until I threatened no walk, and so on. Finally after I wrestled her into her coat which she said was "the wrong one" then I said "If I hear another complaint or you talk back again, we are not going for a walk and that's final". I got Abbey into her carseat and coat. I asked Ceili to please put her boots on, because there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground. She proceeded to put on her running shoes while yelling at me and said that she would not wear her boots.

Then I had to be the mean mommy and say "Okay, we are not going for a walk now". She didn't believe I was serious and when she finally saw me taking her sister's coat off, she flipped! There was a period of about half an hour of crying and pleading, but she eventually stopped.

I felt awful because she was so broken- hearted but I knew I had to follow through or she would never take me seriously. Just another day of being a mother of a toddler I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment