Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Big 3-0

Well, here I am, 30 years old. I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday I was in junior high buying Slurpees and gummy candy at 7-11 and wandering around the neighborhood aimlessly with my best friends. Now here I am 30 years old, married, living in a house that we own with two kids and a minivan!

After thinking about this crazy comparison and the changes that have occured in the past fifteen years, I feel so fortunate. I feel complete, like I have accomplished what I wanted to in my life. Not that my life is over by any means, I know the fun has just started! I am so happy that I married the love of my life and had two beautiful daughters with him. I know that if I hadn't done these things by 30, I would be pretty lonesome and my ovaries would be screaming "BABIES, NOW!!!"...sorry, too much info!

From the time I was a little girl I had wanted a nice wedding to a great man and two kids. I have everything I dreamed of and it feels fantastic!

Now I can look forward to my next 30 years that will hopefully include graduation for our girls, possibly a wedding or two and maybe even some grandbabies and best of all growing old with my awesome husband. I cannot be more thankful for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment