Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two GIRLS?!


Throughout my last pregnancy, I (as well as everyone else) was convinced that we were going to have a boy. We didn't find out the sex because Matt wanted to keep it a surprise this time since it was our last. Having a girl never even really crossed my mind! My pregnancy was totally different than the first. From the cravings to my belly shape, it was all opposite!

We had boy names chosen, and a few girl names as well just incase, but I felt they weren't going to be needed. The moment our little Abbey was born, the doctor said "it's a girl!" as he checked between her legs. Matt smiled then said "what?!" and did a double take! I was shocked myself, but happy nonetheless. She was beautiful and perfect and she melted my heart from the first moment I held her. Ceili said Abbey was a girl the entire time, maybe our 3 year old is psychic.

Come to think of it, this happened with our oldest daughter too. Even though we found out the sex and the ultrasound tech told us multiple times that we were having a girl, I was convinced she was a he. I kept having to tell myself that there was a little baby girl living in my belly, not a boy!

I guess the different pregnancies could have been due to our very different children. They are quite opposite so far. Ceili used to be awake and crying at least 5-6 times a night as a newborn where as Abbey is only awake once during the night to nurse and fall back asleep. Abbey is quite happy sitting in the swing in the morning and looking around and Ceili wouldn't have anything to do with it. You could say that Abbey is an "easy" baby, let's hope I didn't just jinx myself, lol.

Either way, I love our girls just the same and I do enjoy playing Barbies and princesses and I'm sure we will have many years of that ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment